|Job Title : ||Medical Science Liaison - Mountain|
|Job Number : ||1778114-TMAC-MT|
|Department : ||Medical Science Liaison|
The Medical Affairs Company: Optimizing Scientific Exchange |
*This requisition is used to build a pool of qualified candidates for future Medical Science Liaison (MSL) positions. Currently, there is not a specific opening for this territory. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of the TMAC Recruitment Team.
Nationwide Opportunities Available
The Medical Affairs Company (TMAC) is looking for Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs). Qualified candidates will possess advanced clinical experience and demonstrated therapeutic expertise in a given therapeutic area. As a TMAC MSL, you will act as a regional extension of our client's medical affairs department. Positions are field-based and require professionals with established credibility to interact with thought leaders and centers of influence in academic, hospital, managed care, key account & governmental settings.
Medical Science Liaison Position Profile
Purpose of the Department
The purpose of the Medical Liaison department at The Medical Affairs Company (TMAC) is to enhance medical and marketing department efforts on behalf of pharmaceutical industry clients by establishing and developing important relationships with key customers. These customers are important by virtue of their influence within their academic community, institutional setting, or because of their standing as a speaker or publisher. The Medical Liaison department has an overall objective to increase awareness of disease states and related products while contributing to an enhanced corporate image for the pharmaceutical company it supports.
Purpose of the Position
Serving as an extension of the Medical Affairs Department, the MSLs will engage with and further develop relationships with critical stakeholders including: Key institutions, Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), MCO's. The MSL team will disseminate company-approved technical and scientific presentations to these critical stakeholders supporting our client's commercial efforts focused on a specific compound or product portfolio. The MSLs will be regionally deployed and aligned by districts which may be based on key institution/KOL presence.
* Build professional relationships with local/ regional/ national opinion leaders (OLs) in therapeutic areas of commercial and research interest.
* Function as a key clinical/ scientific resource to OLs.
* Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of disease state, clinical information, and product data within assigned therapeutic area.
* Identify opportunities to partner with OLs on disease state or therapeutic initiatives.
* Develop strategies and tactics to effectively communicate complex scientific education.
* Effectively communicate disease state and product knowledge, either formally or informally.
* Clinical/ scientific presentations to OLs
* Physician speaker training, by individual or by group
* Managed Care formulary advisory board clinical presentations
* Presentations to allied healthcare provider groups (pharmacists, NP, PA, etc.)
* Respond to physician consultations initiated by Sales
* Provide scientific education to Sales & Marketing Personnel
* Partner with Drug Information Unit to fulfill unsolicited requests
* Collaboration with internal colleagues
* General technical support
* Collection, analysis, and interpretation of disease state and technical product information at medical congresses
* Completion of initial training & development program
* Metrics reporting on monthly basis
Influence of the Position
The Medical Liaison position interacts with numerous internal and external customers.
* Key Opinion Leaders and Investigators
* Managed Care
* Professional Associations
* District Sales Managers
* Regional Account Leaders
* Pharmaceutical Sales Specialists
* Continuous Learning
* Competitive Drive
* Strategic Thinking
* Customer Service Orientation
* Decision Making
* Minimum Education Level: PharmD, PhD, MD or equivalent
* 2-3 years experience in a given disease state
* Pharmaceutical industry experience (MSL, Medical Information, Sales)
* Knowledgeable in the areas of regulatory, commercial and clinical issues affecting the pharmaceutical industry
* Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication
* Ability to integrate and work in cross functional network
* Demonstrated project management ability
* Excellent oral and written communication, planning and interpersonal skills
* Ability to travel up to 50% (8-10 overnights per month)
* Dependable automobile with liability insurance, and valid driver's license